The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Special Called City Council Meeting Tuesday, August 6, 2019 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 7:00 P.M. for the following agenda:
1. Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance / Invocation / Announcements - Mayor Hooks
2. Discuss City of Blue Mound Code Enforcement Officer’s Ability to issue Citations
3. Discuss and Consider Police Department Pay Scale Evaluation
4. Discuss and Consider appointing a committee regarding parking concerns in the City of Blue Mound
5. Discuss and Review Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
6. Discuss and take a Record Vote for or against the City of Blue Mound Proposed Tax Rate of $0.6059 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020, which is higher than the Effective Tax Rate of $0.568904
· Alan Hooks – Mayor (Not Voting)
· Margie Hooks – (Yay/Nay)
· Fred Smith – (Yay/Nay)
· Mary Smith – (Yay/Nay)
· Linda Watson – (Yay/Nay)
· Darlene Copeland – (Yay/Nay)
7. Discuss and consider calling public hearings concerning the proposed tax rate of $0.6059 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 to be held on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 & Tuesday, August 20, 2019 and direct staff to send all required notices for said public hearings
8. Discuss and consider calling a public hearing on the proposed budget to be held on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 and direct staff to send all required notices for said public hearing
9. Discuss and Consider calling a meeting to adopt the Budget and the Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 to be held on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
10. Announcement: There will be a total of three Public Hearings concerning the proposed budget and proposed tax rate for fiscal year 2019-2020. The first hearing will be held on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 to receive input from citizens and interested persons regarding the proposed tax rate. The second and third hearings will be held on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 to receive input from citizens and interested persons regarding the proposed budget and the proposed tax rate.
11. Announcement: The Crime Control and Improvement District will hold a public hearing on Friday, August 16, 2019 and following the public hearing will consider adopting the proposed Crime Control District Budget for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
12. Announcement: There will be a meeting on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 to adopt the Budget and the Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, August 2nd, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
Donna Savage – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.