The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting & Budget Workshop Tuesday, July 21, 2015 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 7:00 P.M. for the following agenda:
1. Call to Order / Invocation / Mayor Hooks Update on Local Water & Sewer Utility System
2. Discuss & Review Fiscal Year 2015- 2016 Budget
3. Discuss and Consider Adoption of Ordinance 501 Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of City of Blue Mound, Texas, Combination Tax and Surplus Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2015; Levying an Annual Ad Valorem Tax and Providing for the Security for and Payment of Said Certificates; Approving the Official Statement; Providing an Effective Date; and Enacting Other Provisions Relating to the Subject.
4. Discuss and Consider Adoption of Ordinance 502 Establishing Water and Sewer Rates for All Categories of Users; Providing that this Ordinance shall be cumulative of all Ordinances; Providing a Severability Clause; Providing a Savings Clause; Providing for Publication in Pamphlet Form; And Providing an Effective Date.
5. Discuss and Consider Setting the Following Regulations for the use of the Dumpster
· Charge $15.00 per dump, with one dump per quarter, per resident.
· Residence must have a payment receipt at the time of dump, otherwise subject to citation
· No hazardous materials, construction materials, or brush allowed
· Brush may be placed down at the City park by the creek, and as needed (using collected dumpster fees) rent a chipper to make mulch for residence
6. Discuss and Consider Community Center Options
7. Discuss and Consider Departmental Monthly Reports for June, 2015
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
8. Discuss and Consider Approval of June, 2015 Accounts Payable
9. Discuss and Consider Approval of June 16, 2015, June 23, 2015 & July 7, 2015 Meeting Minutes
10. Citizens Participation (Limit to 3 Minutes – Complete Speakers request form and Submit to City Secretary before start of meeting)
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:00 P.M.
Kathryn Sanchez, TRMC – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.