The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Special City Council Meeting Tuesday, August 24, 2021 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 6:30 P.M. for the following agenda:
1. Call to Order / Invocation / Announcements - Mayor Copeland
2. Discuss and consider an action expressing the City Council’s intent to adopt a tax rate of $0.560545 per one hundred dollars of valuation for fiscal year 2021-2022 and calling a public hearing regarding the proposed tax rate for Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 6:30 P.M. and direct staff to send all required notices for said public hearing.
Darlene Copeland - Mayor (Not Voting)
Stephen Usrey - (Yay/Nay)
Fred Smith - (Yay/Nay)
Clara Henderson - (Yay/Nay)
Linda Phillips - (Yay/Nay)
Hope Meredith - (Yay/Nay)
3. Discuss and consider calling a public hearing on the proposed City of Blue Mound budget to be held on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 and direct staff to send all required notices for said public hearing.
4. Discuss and Consider calling a meeting to adopt the Budget and the Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2021-2022 to be held on Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
5. Announcement: There will be a meeting held on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 to adopt the budget and tax rate for the Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, August 20, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
Cynthia Daniels – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.