The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, May 18, 2021 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 6:30 P.M. Up to the first thirty minutes of the meeting will be a public work session for staff briefing and Council discussion of agenda items listed below:
1. Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance / Invocation / Announcements - Mayor Copeland
2. Citizens Participation (Limit to 3 Minutes – Complete Speakers request form and Submit to City Secretary before start of meeting)
3. Discuss and Consider Election of Mayor Pro-Tem
4. Discuss and Consider Resolution 21-03 to Authorize the Mayor, Mayor Pro-Tem, and City Secretary to Sign Checks on Behalf of City of Blue Mound
5. Discuss and Consider Ordinance No. 561 Appointing a Judge and Alternate Judge(s) of the Municipal Court of Record No. 1 of the City of Blue Mound, Texas
6. Discuss and Consider Ordinance No. 562 Appointing a Prosecutor of the Municipal Court of Record No. 1 of the City of Blue Mound, Texas
7. Discuss and Consider canceling the contract with MVBA Law firm to collect fines.
8. Discuss and Consider Approval of May, 2021 Financial Report
9. Discuss and Consider Approval of May 11, 2021 Meeting Minutes
10. CONSENT AGENDA (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted on by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember requests an item to be removed and considered separately.)
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
F. Municipal Court and Animal Control
G. Code Enforcement
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, May 14th, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
Cynthia Daniels – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.