The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting on Monday, November 21, 2016 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 7:00 P.M. for the following agenda:
1. Call to Order / Invocation / Announcements
2. Citizens Participation (Limit to 3 Minutes – Complete Speakers request form and Submit to City Secretary prior to the start of meeting)
3. Executive Session:
Executive Session Open:
Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071, to receive legal advice from the City Attorney on matters related to City personnel in which the duty of the City Attorney to the City's governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Executive Session Closed:
4. Discuss and take any action needed pursuant to Executive Session
5. Discuss & Take action concerning the position of Chief of Police
· Hearing pursuant to Section 22.077 of the Texas Local Government Code
6. Personal Appearance made by Kent Sharp, CPA to Present Audit Report for Fiscal Year 2015-2016
7. Discuss and Consider Acceptance of Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Financial Statements Audit Report
8. Discuss and Consider Moving the December, 2016 Council Meeting to December 3rd, 2016 at the Community Center to be held at 6:00 p.m., to Coincide with the Employee Christmas Dinner at 7:00 p.m.
9. Discuss and Consider Loan or Grant to Purchase a 150,000 Gallon Elevated, Above Ground Water Tank and a 200,000 Gallon Ground Storage Water Tank
10. Discuss and Consider Contract with Texas Paw Care (Personal Appearance by Linda Watson)
11. Discuss and Consider Water Department Rate Increase
12. Discuss and Consider Ticket Writers (Compatible with Utility Data Systems)
13. Discuss and Consider Ordinance No. 512 Which Provides Local Governments to Establish Combinations of Local Governmental Units to Contract for the Provision of Governmental Services, Including the Creation of Administrative Agencies to Promote Public Health and Welfare.
14. Mayor Hooks to Present Plans for the New Community Center
15. Discuss and Consider Departmental Monthly Reports for October, 2016
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
16. Discuss and Consider Approval of October, 2016 Accounts Payable
17. Discuss and Consider Approval of October 17, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, November 18, 2016 at 5:00 P.M.
Kathryn Sanchez, TRMC – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.