The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, July 20, 2021 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 6:30 P.M. Up to the first thirty minutes of the meeting will be a public work session for staff briefing and Council discussion of agenda items listed below:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance/Invocation
4. Executive Session:
(a) Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071, the City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
· Sagren "Kevin" Govender v. The City of Blue Mound, Civil Action No. 4:20-cv-01249-P
· Kamy Real Property Trust v. The Building and Standards Commission of the City of Blue Mound, Texas, Cause no. 096-325377-21
· Personnel matters related to the Director of Public Works position
(b) Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074, the City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee, including deliberation regarding the following officers or employees:
· Director of Public Works
5. Discuss and consider any action necessary as a result of the discussions conducted in executive session.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a settlement agreement related to Sagren "Kevin" Govender v. The City of Blue Mound, Civil Action No. 4:20-cv-01249-P and authorize the Mayor and the City’s attorneys to execute all necessary documents in furtherance of the approved settlement
7. Citizens Participation (Limit to 3 Minutes – Complete Speakers request form and Submit to City Secretary before start of meeting)
8. Discuss and Consider Approval of June, 2021 Financial Report
9. Discuss and Consider Approval of June 15, 2021 and June 21, 2021 Meeting Minutes
14. CONSENT AGENDA (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted on by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember requests an item to be removed and considered separately.)
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
F. Municipal Court and Animal Control
G. Code Enforcement
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, July 16th, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
Cynthia Daniels – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.