The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting on Monday, April 15, 2019 in the City Hall Council Chambers, 301 S Blue Mound Road at 7:00 p.m. for the following agenda:
1. Call to Order/Invocation/Announcements - Mayor Hooks (We will have a special Council meeting on May 13th to Canvass the May 4th, 2019 General Election)
2. Executive Session:
Executive Session Open:
A. Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071, to receive legal advice from the City Attorney on matters related to City personnel in which the duty of the City Attorney to the City's governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
B. Pursuant to Section 551.074 of the Texas Government Code the City Council will convene into Executive Session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee - the City Secretary.
Executive Session Closed:
3. Discuss & Take action concerning the position of City Secretary pursuant to Texas Local Government Code Section 22.077(b)
4. Citizen’s Participation
5. Discuss and Consider EMS Week Proclamation (Appearance by MedStar for Update)
6. Discuss and Consider Switching from Paper Council Packets, and Assigning Tablets and City Email Addresses to Each Council Position so that Each Member May Download Their Council Packets for Review, and Use Their Tablets During the Council Meetings Instead of Paper Council Packets
7. Discuss and Consider Purchasing a John Deere Gator for the Utility Department
8. Discuss and Consider Resolution 19-04 Reiterating the Verbiage in the City of Blue Mound Employee Handbook to Read as States within this Resolution and as adopted at the March 18th, 2019 Council Meeting
9. Discuss and Consider Departmental Monthly Reports for March, 2019
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
10. Discuss and Consider Approval of March, 2019 Accounts Payable
11. Discuss and Consider Approval of March 18th, 2019 Meeting Minutes
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
This facility is wheel chair accessible and accessible parking space is Available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.