The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting Monday, May 16, 2016 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 7:00 P.M. for the following agenda:
1. Call to Order / Invocation
2. Citizens Participation (Limit to 3 Minutes – Complete Speakers request form and Submit to City Secretary prior to the start of meeting)
3. Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation to Precision Construction & Roofing Company for Donating Labor and Materials for Remodeling at 1755 Tyson St
4. Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074, to discuss Personnel Matters Melissa Lopez - ( Assistant City Secretary )
A.) Melissa Lopez has requested to discuss matters in closed session
5. Discuss and Consider Personnel Matters Melissa Lopez
6. Discuss and Consider Resolution 16-03 Authorizing the City Court Clerk, or Designee to post the Required Signage and/or to Provide Oral or Written Notice as Required by State Law to Prohibit the Carrying of Handguns, both Concealed and/or Open Carry, by Handgun License Holders in the Room or Rooms where Meetings of the City Council and/or the City’s Boards, Commissions, or Committees are being Conducted Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act.
7. Discuss and Consider Resolution 16-04 Canvass of Results for the May 7, 2016 Special Election
VOTES: EARLY ELECTION DAY TOTAL PERCNTG
Proposition – Shall the Fort YES: 20 16 36 75.00 %
Worth Transportation Authority
be continued in the City
TOTAL VOTES 27 21 48
8. Discuss and Consider the Direction in which the City chooses to move Concerning Changes in the City Paid Portion of Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD and Freshbenies Insurance since the Adoption of the New Employee Handbook.
9. Discuss and Consider the Purchase of a New City Sign
10. Discuss and Consider Lease Agreement for the Sewer Jetter for the Public Works Department
11. Discuss and Consider Participation Agreement with Government Payment Services, Inc.
12. Discuss and Consider New Engineering Company “Multatech” to replace Current Engineering Company “Teague, Nall & Perkins”
13. Discuss and Consider Departmental Monthly Reports for April, 2016
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
14. Discuses and Consider Approval of April, 2016 Accounts Payable
15. Discuss and Consider Approval of April 18, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, April 15, 2016 at 5:00 P.M.
Kathryn Sanchez, TRMC – City Secretary