The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Special Called City Council Meeting Monday, December 10, 2018 in the City Hall Council Chambers, 301 Blue Mound Road at 7:15 p.m. or immediately following the adjournment of the Crime Control and Prevention District Board of Directors’ meeting for the following agenda:
1. Call to Order/Invocation/Announcement - Mayor Hooks
2. Personal Appearance made by Kent Sharp, CPA to Present Audit Report for Fiscal Year 2017-2018
3. Executive Session:
Executive Session Open:
a) Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071, to receive legal advice from the City Attorney on the following matters in which the duty of the City Attorney to the City's governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code:
· Appointment of Councilmember to fill vacant position
· Personnel matters involving the Chief of Police
b) Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074, to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee – the Chief of Police.
Executive Session Closed:
4. Discuss and take action concerning the position of Chief of Police
· Hearing pursuant to Section 22.077 of the Texas Local Government Code
5. Discuss and consider appointment of an individual to City Council Place 4 to serve until the next regular municipal election
6. Discuss and consider an ordinance amending the FY 2018-2019 budget to reflect changes to the FY 2018-2019 Crime Control District Budget
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by 5:00 P.M., Friday, December 7, 2018
Kathryn Nour, TRMC - City Secretary
This facility is wheel chair accessible and accessible parking space is Available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.