The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, May 19, 2020 in the Community Center 1824 Fagan Drive. All persons attending should wear a nose and mouth covering and gloves and maintain an appropriate social distance from others while in attendance. Meeting starts at 6:30 P.M. Up to the first thirty minutes of the meeting will be a public work session for staff briefing and council discussion of the agenda items listed below:
1. Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance / Invocation / Announcements - Mayor Hooks
2. Citizens Participation (Limit to 3 Minutes – Complete speaker request form and submit to City Secretary before the start of the meeting)
3. Discuss and consider Resolution 20-03 adding the following verbiage to the Employee Handbook: No Employee of the City Shall make use of an audio or video recorder to record conversations for personal reasons while at work. Such unauthorized audio or video recordings adversely affect free and open communications with the City and create a climate of suspicion and mistrust among co-workers.
4. Discuss and consider Resolution 20-04 finding that Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC’s application for approval of a distribution cost recovery factor pursuant to Tex. Admin. Code 23.243 to increase distribution rates within the City should be denied.
5. Discuss and consider Ordinance 550 Adopting the 2018 International Fire Code and the related amendments from the North Central Texas Council of Governments.
6. Departmental Monthly Reports for March and April, 2020
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
F. Municipal Court
G. Code Enforcement
7. Discuss and consider approval of March and April, 2020 Financial Reports
8. Discuss and consider approval of April 28, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, May 15, 2020 at 5:00 P.M.
Donna Savage – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.