The City Council of the City of Blue Mound will hold a Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, October 15, 2019 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 301 Blue Mound Road at 6:30 P.M. Up to the first thirty minutes of the meeting will be a public work session for staff briefing and Council discussion of agenda items listed below:
1. Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance / Invocation / Announcements - Mayor Hooks
2. Citizens Participation (Limit to 3 Minutes – Complete Speakers request form and Submit to City Secretary before start of meeting)
3. Citizen Presentation – David Coker Principal of Highland Middle School to take the opportunity to present to council some of the wonderful things that the kids of Blue Mound are accomplishing on our campus.
4. Citizen Presentation – Daniel Bennett to Discuss and Consider Adopting a Resolution to change Tarrant County Appraisal District Process for Electing Directors to their Board.
5. Discuss and Consider approval with Tarrant County Emergency Services District No. One (District). Agreement for Mutual Aid Service provided by the City of Blue Mound to the District beginning October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
6. Discuss and Consider approval of Ordinance 543 Amending Chapter 2 “Animal Control,” of the Code of Ordinances, City of Blue Mound, Texas providing animal control regulations for the City and Amending Article A3.000 “Animal Control Fees” of the Code of Ordinances, City of Blue Mound, Texas providing for appropriate fees related to animal control regulations.
7. Discuss and Consider Changing Employee Cinco De Mayo Holiday to Presidents Day and Changing the day After Christmas to Christmas Eve and adding Veterans Day Holiday
8. Discuss and Consider Departmental Monthly Reports for September, 2019
A. Police calls, arrests, and warrants totals
B. Fire local and mutual aid calls and training totals
C. Library visitors, books and materials loaned totals
D. Community center, visitors, events, and activities totals
E. Public Works
F. Municipal Court
G. Code Enforcement
9. Discuss and Consider Approval of September, 2019 Accounts Payable
10. Discuss and Consider Approval of September 17, 2019 Meeting Minutes
Note: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
I hereby certify that the above agenda was posted on City Hall Bulletin Board by Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
Donna Savage – City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office 817-232-0663 for further assistance.